Director of channel sales
This position is remote but needs to be based out of the Central or Eastern regions of the United States of America.
The Kollective Director of Channel Sales is responsible for selling and supporting Kollective’s cloud-based, smart peering distribution platform for video and software delivery strategy to strategic channel partners. Primary applications are video distribution for internal corporate communications, training, executive briefings and other digital content, as well as software distribution to accelerate and simplify enterprise software delivery at scale. This position involves developing relationships with senior level business executives and building effective value propositions.
This is a complex solution sale that requires the candidate to understand customers’ business and technology environments and can demonstrate how Kollective’s peer assisted content delivery technology and proven deployment solutions will greatly improve their business communications and software delivery/updates in a cost effective manner.
- Develop pipeline & maximize sales through partner relationships; these partners include, but are not limited to, NTT, BT, Avande, OBS, Intrado, Riverbed, and Verizon
- Increase sales performance with Microsoft; activities include, but not limited to, sales presentations, co-sell meeting days, training, regional executive outreach and regional sales meetings
- Conduct partner training sessions and enable partners on Kollective infrastructure and applications
- Develop programs, in conjunction with marketing, for growing and nurturing strategic partners
- Work closely with the Kollective direct sales team to position our partners within sales opportunities
- Work with Kollective Sales Engineers to improve partner technical competency
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through channel and/or strategic partners
- Exceptional track record of leveraging the channel to build and close deals by working across all levels of the organization, from the developer to the C-suite
- Demonstrable history of closing significant software licensing deals directly and/or via the channel
- Ability to create extraordinary channel and partner relationships
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with Microsoft technologies including O365 and Azure
- Experience with solution selling methodologies
- Experience in networking, video products, and unified communications
- Minimum of 5 years channel sales experience in a related enterprise software industry
- Minimum of 5 years working for Microsoft and/or managing a Microsoft account
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Confident and energetic; professional and team oriented sales approach
- Excellent listening skills along with the ability to understand the business needs of prospects and customers
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- BS Degree
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.